Tuesday, June 1, 2010

kitchen nook

before: blah
after:
I have finally come around to finishing up this kitchen corner project I started back in March! It was taking me a while to get 'inspired'. I couldn't decide just what to put on the walls. I ended up hanging this old window given to me from a friend. The window has been sitting in my garage for about a year...patiently waiting for a new home. I love how old and weathered it looks! and how a simple old window can be art.

I had also been on the hunt for pillows, but couldn't find just what I wanted.

So, I MADE pillows!

This was my first solo sewing project! They aren't perfect, but they still look really cute! The large pillow in the back is burlap with a big chic button. The two matching pillows have small orange designs, almost like pineapples on the them. And the small stripped pillow was made with fabric from an old bed skirt. I will probably make another stripped pillow or two, since I have the fabric. :)
I love our new kitchen nook. This is where we have breakfast every morning. Jolie loves to climb up onto the bench all by herself. (as she will tell me) She's getting too big!

No comments: