September 13. 9:00 a.m.
I was 36 weeks 4 days, went in for sonogram. Two weeks prior I had a sonogram to measure Camille. (Jolie was a BIG baby! 9lb10oz). At that appointment they discovered that Camille had an extra heart beat. Sent me home saying 'no big deal, lay off caffeine'. I return September 13 just check in her heart rate. After the first 30 minute sonogram, I realized something wasn't right. The doctor came in and preformed another 30 minute sonogram. At which point she informed me that Camille had super ventricular tachycardia. Her top chamber was beating too fast. Very gently, the doctor instructed me to get to the hospital. And of course Mark wasn't with me...I thought it wasn't a big deal!? I drive my pitiful sobbing self home. First stopping at the gym, where I knew I would find my rock and comfort. He knew immediately by the look on my face that everything wasn't 'ok'. I quickly packed for myself and Jolie. We picked Jolie up from school, and took her to a friends. We arrive to the hospital about 1:00 p.m. Expecting that Camille would need to be seen by cardiologists and stay in the NICU, I was a 'transfer' to our downtown hospital. I was so scared...my first thought was that MY doctor doesn't deliver at that hospital! I was to be seen by the doctor on call. Dr. Erika Glass was on call that day. She has a very sweet, quite personality...young and pretty. But I could tell she was new. Very new, Camille was her first delivery in Jacksonville! So, the doctors all come in and determine Camille needed to be delivered right away. Via cesarean, Camille Frances arrived at 3:05 p.m. 7lbs 8oz, 20 1/2 inches long. Due to her irregular heart rate, they quickly took Camille to the NICU. And I was sent to recovery... It wasn't until eight hours later that I was able to go down and see our precious baby girl. Three weeks early, she was still a good size. 7lbs 8oz. Our joke was that she was the biggest baby in the NICU. As soon as I was allowed to walk, I went to see her every two to three hours. I hated that we were separated, but it was good that her little heart was under constant observation. The cardiologist fully expected her heart rate to continue to be irregular after delivery. She did have a few episodes, but turned it out that she had the best case scenario for her condition. She was prescribed a Rx to keep her heart rate from getting too high. After a few days of observation, and a mommy that had to leave the hospital without her baby...she was released. All things consider, we are so blessed that she is a healthy beautiful baby girl. In the big picture, her heart is 'beautiful and perfect' according to our cardiologist. It just had a few electrical miss-fires. We continue observation every three months until she turns one, at which point we expect her to completely out grow the condition. (YaY!!! Praise Jesus!)
Camille is a sweet baby sister. Jolie just adores her and wants to help and hold her constantly. I hope and pray their bond as sisters is loving and strong. Camille seems to look like Jolie, but also quite a bit like Daddy.







No comments:
Post a Comment