I would LOVE to do this...
to our ceiling in the kitchen and dining area.
Mark and I were one week from signing papers on the house. Things were going smoothly...we had all our moving arrangements planned. Part of the contract on the house was that the previous owner has to put a new roof on the house. Which was great for us! Being that our house is 40 years old and in Florida (were everything is built right on the cement slab) any re-piping is done so in the attic. Well....while re-roofing, a pipe was hit. Leaving our already old and ugly kitchen looking like this:

We were within a week from closing! We were so upset...and almost walked away from the house. But that little nail allowed us to completely start over. Something that we wouldn't have been able to do for a few years. The kitchen was a hideous sight...but I had a vision...

There are still so many little things I'd love to do to the kitchen. The thing that bothers me the most about our kitchen is the ceiling. It is far from perfect. The texture isn't consistent. I can still see where the big gaping hole was. So...I've been thinking...
I love how the white paneled ceilings look. They really give a space the cottage flavor and comfort. I would just be tickled PINK if I could cover up our bumpy ceiling. The kitchen and dining room is one large, LONG room. The groves of the paneling would make the width of the room seem more balanced with the length. I'd also like to install more recessed lighting....cutting more holes into the ceiling before the re-do.
Here are few more pics for inspiration...

Don't you just love the idea? I do!
1 comment:
That would be gorgeous! Love it, and have never seen that done before (never noticed at least). You're so good at decorating - I know it would be a success!
Post a Comment