Saturday, March 13, 2010

my 'timeout' corner


the kitchen corner: before....


the kitchen corner: a work in progress!

The more progress I make on it, the more I like it! First we had a bench built into the corner. It was a very lonely little bench for a while, but I'm starting to pull things together. The light fixture was found at Lowe's. I fell in love with it at first sight. I ♥ shabby chic! I found the *awesome* fabric at Joann's. It has all my favorite colors! ;) black, brown & beige! Next I'm going to attempt to make pillows. This has been a slow project...but thought I'd share my progress so far!

What should I do with the big bare walls???
an arrangement of plates?
an old distressed window?
shelving for plates & bowls?

3 comments:

Alyson and Ford said...

I think an old window would be perfect, even with some china plates in a half circle over it (if small) or in columns beside it. I like symmetry but I am sure with shabby chick, you should vary it. I love the new "corner", looks inviting.

Alyzabeth's Mommy

Anonymous said...

Wall words are really cool and you can get them in dark brown. There are lots of scripture verses to chose from or you can have custom verses but they are pricey.

Karen said...

I like both ideas...maybe do the window with a few plates around and the scripture above...oooh!