It all started with a $5 table....

before & after!
I got the bug again....to be crafty. I found this side table for $5! A little sanding and a coat of paint...and I'm in love. Our bedroom has been a hideous sight for far too long. First things first, I had to get rid of these god-awful blue drapes that were 100 years old:

I decided to paint the bedroom a pale, powder blue....to go with my new table! :) Compared to rest of my house, that's pretty colorful. I usually stick with the neutrals...the tan family. After painting the bedroom, I wanted to find a new sheet set, and just keep the white throw over the top. Instead of doing that, Mark insisted on pricing King size mattresses. So, off we went....and once you lay on one of those amazingly comfortable NEW beds, you're a goner! This is what we ended up with:

Now that we had a new bed, I had to buy new sheets AND a new comforter. (darn it) It's still a work in progress. I have a really cute idea for artwork over the lamps.... so stay tuned for pics of that. Speaking of lamps...check out my clearance find! I'd also like to find an old headboard to distress or do something crafty with!
No comments:
Post a Comment