Monday, November 3, 2008

the kitchen

Here it is....the new and improved kitchen!!!! I love it! If you look below to an older post, you can compare the before and after. We tore the entire old kitchen out, to the bare bones, and started from scratch (kinda). We kept all the appliances where they were. The big difference in the floor plan would be that we extended the kitchen about 2 feet into the dinning area, which really opened up the kitchen. While the contractors worked in their stages, I came behind and painted the cabinets....black. What do you think? I love it! Since the kitchen is bigger and open, I think the black compliments the space. Along with my big sink. I got the biggest one basin sink I could find...and at a bargin! My big sink under my big window, along with my big pendant in my big kitchen. What's not to love :) I still have some finishing work to do, but the transformation is amazing. It's a completely different space. and if I didn't mention it already....
I LOVE IT!!!!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful!!

Matt, Jamie and Walker said...

Oh my, I love it! It's so cute! Can't wait to see your new house...looks awesome! And is Jolie walking in this picture?

Melissa said...

That is great - I love it! what a fabulous renovation! i hope you got lots of before/after pix! can't wait to see the finished house!

Anonymous said...

Great job Karen planning and painting the cabinets, It looks beautiful. Hope to come see it in person soon, love and miss you all dearly. Mom